Tuesday, November 22, 2016

Thanksgiving


I'm sitting here on this cold November morning thinking about Thanksgiving this week. I'm very much looking forward to being with family and enjoying the day. 

I think all too often, though, we make light of giving thanks. Maybe your family goes around the table and everyone says what they are thankful for. That is a great practice, but do we really take the time to stop and think about it and are we really thanking God for it?

If you are anything like me, there are always things you want. I want a new camera, a new couch, new clothes, something for dinner that isn't what we have in the fridge. I want to buy a house, have kids, have the option to not have to work when we do have kids. I'm sure you all could make a list of things you want, too. 

But then I think about what I have. I have a warm house, plenty of clothes, food in the fridge so I never have to go hungry, money in the bank, a car to get to my job, a cozy warm bed, an amazing husband who loves me, a wonderful family, a church family that cares for and loves me, and a heavenly Father who blessed me with all this and loves me no matter what and gives me grace in every circumstance. How can I not thank Him? 

Have a wonderful thanksgiving!

8 comments:

  1. Love this post and I love you and Andrew too :) Can't wait to see you Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your heart, Heather! The one thing that I want is for my loved ones to know the Lord as their Savior. Life is so different when one makes that decision. I want for them to know the Lord. He changed my life and I want the same for them. I am thankful that the Lord saved me, and is in the process of changing me. That is what I am thankful for this thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - you pretty much said it all. We have so much to be thankful for! And you are high on my list!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You certainly blessed this father's heart, well said. Love you sweetheart.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Thanksgiving to you too. I loved spending my day with you and the rest of the family - fun times with plenty of laughter!

    ReplyDelete
  6. you summed it up perfectly- what a great reminder of all the things we do have to be thankful for on a daily basis!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My thoughts run parallel to yours. On cold rainy nights (we've had several recently), before I go to bed, I often open the front door and look out into the dark street and think about those who have no home. I thank God for mine and ask Him to comfort and provide for them. I'm thankful for your grateful heart ... but I do hope you get that camera. Haahaha Merry Christmas! xoxo

    ReplyDelete