Monday, December 28, 2015

Shortbread Bites


I love Christmas, but boy am I tired. In order to fit everyone in and see all the family, we celebrated for 4 days straight. Throw in me being up at 2:30am for work 2 of those days, and I am ready for a break! 

Anyway, I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas. Even though we were busy, I enjoyed seeing everyone and had a fantastic Christmas.

Being diabetic, we try not to have too much of the Christmas goodies around the house, but I did make one thing. I found this recipe on Pintrest and they are so addictive! 

Warning: if you make these, I highly suggest you plan on bringing them to a party or give them away as gifts. Otherwise they will haunt you and you will end up eating way more of them than you planned!

Funfetti Shortbread Bites

1 c. salted butter, cold and cubed
2/3 c. sugar
1/2 t. almond extract
2 1/4 c. flour
2 1/2 T. nonpareils sprinkles

Spray 9x13 pan with cooking spray and line with parchment, leaving about 1 inch overhang on all sides. Cream together butter and sugar. Add extract. Slowly add flour and mix until combined. Mix and fold in sprinkles. Press dough into pan and chill in refrigerator for 20-30 minutes.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lift dough from pan and cut into 1/2 inch squares. Transfer to ungreased baking sheet, placing them 1/2 inch apart. Bake for 8-12 minutes. Cool completely before storing in an airtight container.

As we don't have a stand mixer, I used our little handheld mixer for this. It gets the job done, but if you have a stand mixer, I highly recommend using it unless you are looking for an arm workout!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Heather, I imagine it was difficult to fit both family's celebrations into your schedule with you working. Glad you had a nice Christmas. I would love this dessert you have shared. Yes, I would have to share with our neighbor if I made a batch! I wish you and your husband a happy and healthy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YUM...i love shortbread. I just tossed a lot of our left over goodies. I knew I would eat them if they were here in the house!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can vouch for these - they are yummy!

    ReplyDelete