Wednesday, February 22, 2017

My Birthday!

Last week Tuesday was my birthday. Andrew had taken the day off work, so we had made plans for the day. I started my day off with breakfast in bed. 



Later that morning my wonderful sister and her youngest, Ruby, came over. She had brought coffee for me and Andrew and a card with a gift certificate to one of my favorite stores!


They also brought a picture that Alaina had drawn for me.


It's a picture of me, Alaina, and Ruby. I'm not sure why Alaina is the same size as me, but Ruby has to be so much smaller. 


After a quick lunch, we headed out for an afternoon of fun. Our first stop was Dave and Busters. Neither of us had ever been there before. It's like Craig's Cruisers or Chuck E Cheeses for adults. We had a blast!


Because it was Valentine's Day, they had a special going on. We each got a bunch of tokens to use on games and we got the most fabulous desert. They call this the Brookie.


It is a cookie surrounded by brownie with layers of ice cream and chocolate and caramel sauces in between. So yummy and worth every calorie!

For dinner we headed to Pizza Ranch to meet up with some friends. 


If you have never been to a Pizza Ranch, you are seriously missing out! It is a pizza buffet. They have salads, fried chicken, biscuits, mashed potatoes, and lots of pizza. So yummy! 

One of my friends had brought a couple very large balloons. We thought Oliver might be afraid of them, but he wasn't. He just wanted to chew on the strings. 


My wonderful husband also got me a gift. It might seem childish to some, but it was perfect for me.


They are large and rather flat, for stuffed animals, but work really well for a pillow and are super soft. Oliver likes them too.


It was a great day, filled with family, friends, and lots of love.













5 comments:

  1. Wow - you guys know how to celebrate! Glad you had such a fun day celebrating you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Heather!! Looks like it was a fun day. I want to go to Dave and Buster's...I have never seen one down here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you had a great day! Obviously Alaina is the same size as you because she is so very grown up and Ruby is still a baby. :) That dessert is making me very hungry!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry I'm late to the party. What a great day. I think Valentine birthdays are charming. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy belated birthday, Heather. Looks like a very nice day. Those stuffed animals are very sweet and look so soft.

    ReplyDelete