Thursday, March 23, 2017

Are you listening?



I don't know about you, but I frequently feel like God is teaching me something, and it is always something I really need to learn. Sometimes the learning comes easy and I get it right away. Other times God has to tell me again and again and again before I listen and get what He is saying. 

It isn't always what we, as imperfect humans, want, but it is always for our good. Our Heavenly Father loves us and wants nothing more than to spend time with us and give us good gifts, but we have to listen to His voice. 

What is He trying to teach you? Are you spending time with Him and listening to His voice? 

Psalm 37:7 "Be still before the Lord and wait patiently for Him;"


3 comments:

  1. Isn't it just amazing that our God wants to spend time with us? And it's sad when I let other things fill my time. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am up most every morning around 4 A.M. I make coffee and open my Bible. I always pray, "Lord, what do you want to say to me today?! I look forward to this time every morning. Thank you, Heather, for helping all of us to remember that our time with God is beneficial to our spiritual walk.

    Have you heard of "Sketchnotes?" You can find it on Twitter. I used that concept yesterday morning when reading Philippians 3. I am a visual learner so I loved illustrating (mapping) what I was reading. I should post it so you could see what I am talking about. Have a good day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely. My heart knows that God has the best plans for me, but my brain likes to think it's smarter most often. Always good to slow down and listen so we can actually hear what he's saying! :)

    ReplyDelete