Monday, October 12, 2015

Artprize Seven


For the past seven years the city that I live in has an art competition called Artprize. People come from all over the U.S. and some even from other countries to enter. 

For about 2 weeks you can go out and walk all over the city and see the art and vote on the ones you like best.

Andrew and I, living in the midst of the action, went out and walked the city a couple of times, in order to see as much as we could. Here is just a small sample of some of the pieces this year.

This one was made entirely out of petosky stones.


This dress was made from book pages.


Aren't these flamingos cute?






This is the only one that we voted for. A friend of ours from church painted these using makeup. She is very talented!


I love seeing all the different art pieces and walking around the city. 

Until next year, Artprize!







3 comments:

  1. You're lucky to be able to just walk down there. I love the ones by your friend. She is very talented!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the dress made of book pages. I think I'll make one. Ha! Ha! Yeah, right!
    I like the one that your friend made too. Art is certainly a gift. You are so blessed to live right where you can walk to see it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We went for just a short while and only saw a few, but our favorite was the petoskey stone one. It was really beautiful in person.

    ReplyDelete