Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Too Busy!

 Wow. Life has been crazy busy lately. I keep hoping that it will quiet down, but it just keeps going.

Andrew and I are starting to plan for our move next month. Even though we have a small apartment right now, we have a lot of stuff that will need to be packed, and that takes a bit of planning. As I have never moved an entire household before, I was a bit overwhelmed at the thought. But, once we put pen to paper and figured out what all we need to pack I realized that it is doable. It will be a lot of work in a short amount of time, but it is doable.

Which all made me think that maybe I need to clean out my closet. I'm not the only one, right? You all know how it is: you have pants and jeans and shirts that are all too small, but you keep them with the plan of loosing weight and being able to fit into them. But, that doesn't seem to ever happen and they just take up space. I'm thinking, with an impending move, maybe now is the time to start cleaning and getting rid of all those clothes that either don't fit or I just don't wear. No sense taking up the space to move them.

Anyway, I am off to do laundry today. Have a great day!

8 comments:

  1. Every time we move, I take a good long look at all my belongings and consider if I really want to move it!:) My husband says our next move will be to the nursing home or the cemetery. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sympathize with you! We moved about 2 mos. ago. We got rid of everything we did not want/need and still, moving was a HUGE job! My advice is to make up a box of must haves and keep it in the car where you can find it: scissors, sheets to make the bed the first night, towels.

    ReplyDelete
  3. can't wait for you to move and be closer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a lot of work! Good idea to get rid of some things. I like Mildred's idea too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I tend to hang on to things thinking I'll use them and then every so often I get frustrated by all the clutter and not being able to find things and I start getting rid of things by the car full. And then it feels so nice to have some room again. Clothes are definitely the worst because of always feeling like you'll wear them again someday.
    Maybe you could do some purging of your book collection...
    Just kidding. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Girl! Moving is horrible. You just have to grin and bear it. We did a renovation of our house this summer, instead of moving (which we seriously considered). Even the reno was horrible. BUT my closets got cleaned out -- you wouldn't believe the amount of stuff that got carted away. It's a good feeling when it's done. But one must take frequent breaks. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sending you hugs ♥

    summerdaisycottage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Totally understand the busy ness of your life Heather. Glad you checked in with us!!

    ReplyDelete