Friday, August 11, 2017

White sewing machine


There is an online auction website that is based in my area that I regularly keep an eye on. They have an auction every Tuesday; you just never know what goodies you will find.

This week, I was very lucky. I found (and won for $5) a sewing machine cabinet. After a little dusting and cleaning it looks like a great side table, don't you think? 


It is a little bit taller than I would have liked, but the fact that it still has a sewing machine in it makes it so worth it!


This is a White rotary sewing machine. There is a plug, but we have not tried it to see if it works. There was some thread on a bobbin in it yet, so it might, although it's in rough looking shape. White made sewing machines from 1858 until it merged with Husqvarna Viking (a Swedish company) sometime in the 1950-1960's. While I know that it isn't terribly old, I have no idea when it was manufactured.


I just think it's cool and love the old look and the history it brings to our little place. 




6 comments: