Tuesday, February 2, 2016

What a weekend!


Every year our church's youth group goes to a weekend event called Freeze Out. Andrew is a small group leader with our youth group, so he has gone on a number of these weekends. As it always takes place near the end of January, he was told last year, by our youth pastor, that he could not go. With our wedding only a few weeks away, he figured we had a lot to do, and I think he thought that Andrew wouldn't be much help at that point in time anyway!

So, since he couldn't go last year, I told him that I would go along this year. 

What a fun weekend. We stayed at Lake Ann Camp near Traverse City. It is a beautiful camp. There were a lot of snowy weather activities: tubing, snowshoeing, hockey, and a lot of snowball fights. A number of the girls (and a couple of the smaller middle school boys) got thrown into the snowbank for throwing snowballs. 



There was worship time with Heartsong, a group from Cedarville University in Ohio, and Ken Rudolph was there to teach us. It was an amazing learning experience for all of us. 



In the girls cabin, we did have a little issue Friday night when the plumbing had a problem and started backing up into our bathroom. We had a number of people there that night trying to fix it. Lights out is at midnight, but it wasn't until well after 1am before they finally left. We didn't get much sleep that night, and they still had to call someone in the next morning to fix the problem!

I was hoping to have more pictures to show you, but facebook is acting up and I am not able to see all the ones that my friend said she posted. So, for now, Enjoy the selfies. Two of them are my co-leaders, and the rest are our youth group girls. What an amazing group of girls!

We had a fun filled weekend, but I think we were all happy to get home and sleep in our own beds. Those camp mattresses are really hard! I still don't think I have caught up on my sleep. 


11 comments:

  1. What an awesome opportunity. Looks like everyone had fun with the winter activities and I know the teaching and music ministry was great too. I read on your mom's blog about Oliver staying with her......was he mad at you when you returned??? lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He actually was not mad at all. He came right to us when we stopped to pick him up. He settled right back in when we got home and even enjoyed the car ride a little.

      Delete
    2. That's great! The LONGEST car ride I ever made was moving our 6 cats two hours a few years back. They were quite vocal! lol Happy Valentine's Day this weekend.

      Delete
  2. How fun!! I have never seen a snow camp in my life!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad to see there was a Bears fan there. Go Bears. And with teenagers around, it's been my experience that you don't need plumbing problems to keep you awake. I know you were glad to see your own bed again but what a fun time. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our girls were actually really good. When we said lights out, they were in their beds ready to sleep. It was the girls the floor above us that were loud and noisy all night!

      Delete
  4. How great ! so glad you could go

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you got to go and that you survived!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You were a brave one, Heather! You had to brave the cold and those teenagers. WOW! I was surprised to read that the Cedarville singers were there. If I had known they were coming, I would have hitched a ride with them.

      Delete
    2. They were great. I hear that one of the Heartsong groups is there every year.

      Delete
  6. Sounds like fun! Well, except the plumbing issues. Glad you're back home!

    ReplyDelete